Our expert Governance Board provide independent verification and validation. It comprises of C-suite Executives from industry organisations such as the HSE, the FSA, Campden BRI and Enterprise brands.
The governance board is there to ensure that the Administrator of the Scheme, operate effectively and with quality assurance controls. The board operate to set the standard in line with changes in government guidance, best practices and public opinion change. SSG is the Administrator of the scheme, and follow this Safety Charter as laid out by the Governance Board and supported by the Advisory Committee. The Governance Board is responsible for setting the framework of the Scheme and oversight of its operational performance. They will:
- Approve the Safety Charter
- Ensure government guidelines are applied to the scheme, including regional updates from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Promote public (consumer and employee) trust in the safety of business environments
- Ensure that STTS is administered effectively by Shield Safety Group
- Monitor the scheme performance
- Identify and develop new standards in addition to COVID-19
The members of the Governance Board some of the UK's leading industry experts providing seasoned expertise and reside on many of the lobbying boards and panels to the Government; The Scheme is reviewed by the Governance Board on a monthly basis and updates to the Safety Charter are made when required. Mark Flanagan is the Chair. The Board will generally reach decisions by consensus.