The following products do not need an ingredients list:
- fresh whole, unpeeled, fruit and vegetables (including potatoes)
- carbonated water (which states that it is carbonated)
- vinegar containing no added ingredients
- cheese, butter, fermented milk and cream with no added ingredients (other than the ones needed to make them, such as bacterial cultures, salt in the case of cheese, etc)
- foods that are made up of a single ingredient and the name of the ingredient is stated in the name of the product
- beverages with an alcoholic strength greater than 1.2%
- Products that do not have an ingredients list must still highlight the presence of allergenic ingredients. For more information please see ‘Food allergens and intolerance’.